Library Service Selection and ARP Plans
As a result of our more than 30 years of experience as suppliers of Spanish and Portuguese language books to the North American market, Girol is uniquely positioned to help public libraries and multicultural resource centres expand their Spanish and Portuguese collections by providing books on an on-approval or ARP (Automatic Release Plan) basis. We also offer similar Selection or ARP plans for Spanish films on DVDs and music CDs. The selection of the materials is made following the guidelines that you provide to us:
- a general profile of the books already in your collection, preferably with access through your on-line catalogue;
- a profile of the types of books you want to add to your collection (e.g., fiction, general interest, poetry, reference, etc.), plus any other conditions such as publication-date parameters or format restrictions such as no pop-up or plastic books for children.
- a profile of your target audiences by:
a-age (adults, youth, children)
b-type (general recreational readers, language learners, academics, etc.)
c-interests (fiction, non-fiction)
- the percentage of your book order that you want filled with materials by age group, type of reader and interests according to the profile you provide in numbers 2 and 3 above:
Example 1: A library may want to spend a certain amount on popular Spanish-language reading material for adults with 70% fiction and 30% assorted general interest non-fiction;
Example 2: A library may want to spend a certain amount on popular reading material for children ages 0-14 with 50% picture/story books, 25% chapter books for beginner readers, and 25% non-fiction and concept books;
- the amount you wish to spend and whether shipping and any applicable taxes are to be included in or separate from the amount to be spent;
- a list of any “special-request titles” you may want included in the selection we provide to you.
We look forward to working with you to build your Spanish and Portuguese collections. Contact us for references from our clients regarding our Selection Service by email or by telephone or fax at (613) 233-9044.